Saturday, May 17, 2008

We need to Laugh!

I read an article today from www.vibrantlife.com about the need to laugh.
Here's a bit of it:

Stanford University psychiatrist Dr. William Fry, Jr., has done extensive research on the physiological benefits of laughter and has found that humor plays an active role in maintaining a healthy heart. "Humor acts to relieve fear," Fry exclaims. "Excessive fearful thoughts, built-up anger, and tension put tremendous pressure on the heart. Yet, laughter readily relieves stress and promotes a positive perspective. This uplifted spirit breeds hope and leads to healing and well-being."

"A cheerful heart is good medicine," proclaims Solomon in Proverbs 17:22

So I looked up Christian jokes and here's one for you:

In God's Time

A man is talking to God.
The man asks God how much a million years is to him God says that it's a second.
Then he asks how much a million dollars is to him God says it's a penny.

So the man asked, "God can I have a penny?"
And God replied, "Just a second."

Author is Unknown

Have a great day.....and try laughing.



No comments: