I did make Ruhbarb Crunch and froze some of the extra Ruhbarb. I haven't eaten too much of it yet, but I had a taste and it's good!
Here's the process........
I also made some brownies and a macaroni salad...my own version.
I have a box of Grandma Reutter's recipes and I decided to go through some of them tonight. Oh my goodness, I totally get why my recipes look like they do. I take after Grandma! :) She has so many little papers here and there of recipes, even ingredients listed, but no title as to what the recipe is for or how exactly to make the recipe! I also found some recipes written two or more times on paper (I can never find the one when I need it and have to call someone for the recipe again...looks like Grandma had to do that too!). I love it!! I take after Grandma!
A couple of her recipes caught my eye...Pickled Fish...ewe! and Laxative Jam...I bet that was for Grandpa. What a treasure to have these recipes. I'm not planning on keeping them, just making some copies for myself and Amy. I will make sure to pass them on as I know others may enjoy them just as much as I have been.
No comments:
Post a Comment