Thursday, November 20, 2008

Car troubles

Well, I will say it has been an interesting few days. Yesterday I had to go to Bismarck for a Dental meeting which was to be at 7:30 am today. I thought it would be easier to go in the evening that to get up at 4:30 am. So I'm just driving along and being careful I might add...not even going the speed limit because there are alot of deer and I didn't want to hit one. I didn't. BUT, I did hit and kill :( a raccoon! I feel so bad about it. I did see him right before I hit him and I didn't brake or slow down, nothing. I really couldn't. I heard "crunch crunch" and that made me sick just thinking about it. Poor raccoon!! I thought all was fine, but my low coolant light came on so I wondered if something didn't maybe happen under my car, or whatever. So when I got to Bismarck I walked over to the other side where I knew I had hit the poor thing and I thought I might see something gross, but what I saw was this:

Ya so I guess it's about $700 worth of damage. Our deductible is $100. Not terribly excited about that. It is soon Christmas for goodness sakes! But I guess I'm ok and that is good. It couldn't have been much worse.

The check engine light came on also on the way home. Car is acting up. Hope it's not serious!

One reason I wanted to drive to Bismarck was to get the car washed. I did, today. So when I got home...the trunk was frozen shut. Can't get that open yet. Had to unload what I could out the back seat.

No comments: