Friday, December 12, 2008

Snowblowing lesson

A short while back Glen decided on the spur of the moment (as he usually does) that he should get a snowblower. It had snowed and he didn't want to shovel, I think. :) Me either!
It's a used blower, but nice. He used it once when I was not home and then when I did get home he proceeded to give me instructions as to how to run it myself (you gotta hold this down, and pull here, and push this and turn this........) , in case it snows when he's not home. It snowed. I didn't try out the snowblower. I'm kinda scared of the thing. But on Tuesday Larry stopped by and he gave me another lesson on how to run the snowblower...this time it was hands on, and that's how I learn. I didn't start out so good. I was just moving the snowblower OVER the snow. The blades were not going because I wasn't holding down THAT thing on the other handle TOO! There is way too much to think about when running a machine like that. I also had to know how to stop and turn. Then turn the blower thingy in the right direction so I don't have snow all over me or where I just cleaned. I did about 2 rounds and I was done. Good thing Larry enjoyed running that machine. :) I guess I might need to be using it though in a few days if the weather man is correct. Can expect up to 8 inches of snow by Sunday. Grrr.

2 comments:

Anna said...

How much snow did you get??? We didn't get that much, just tons of wind and cold, cold, cold!!!1

Anonymous said...

oh look a picture of dad!!!