It's that time of year again. A weekend at Ruth's. Time with the girls.
Planning. Laughing. Praying. Learning. Eating.
I'm excited, but not ready. Normally I have ideas in my head for favor ideas and decorating....but not this year. Maybe it will spark with everyone else's creative ideas! :) I don't even know what the theme of our Retreat will be this September. Yikes. I should have been on top of that.
It will all come together. It always does. God puts it together anyway!!
I did some reading today....one chapter was on Forgiveness.
Anybody have any thoughts on forgiveness?
It's a tricky one, I tell ya, and yet...so simple with Jesus. A friend gave me the book "Sometimes I don't feel like praying" by Mike Jones and it sure has touched alot of areas in my life that need improvement....forgiveness being one and I really thought I HAD forgiven! But something still doesn't seem right.
And this...I'm about 3 weeks or so into a 30 day NO CHOCOLATE, sweets, etc.
If you know me at all, you know this is no easy task!!!
I love chocolate. LOVE it!
It even says so in my profile description! I made a decision one day that I was going to go for 30 days for a few reasons which I will explain....after the 30 days. :)
I have to say I've been tempted, but not too badly. I remember when I was a kid I went on these sort of "breaks" from candy. All the kids around would be eating it, but I remember sticking to my commitment. I don't really remember why or how often I would do this as a kid, but I did. Don't they say that after like 21 days it becomes a habit? Well then, I suppose I'm off to a good start! :) But, I do want to taste the chocolate malt cream cheese bars that are waiting for me in the freezer too! Going to move on now....too much talk about chocolate!
Planning. Laughing. Praying. Learning. Eating.
I'm excited, but not ready. Normally I have ideas in my head for favor ideas and decorating....but not this year. Maybe it will spark with everyone else's creative ideas! :) I don't even know what the theme of our Retreat will be this September. Yikes. I should have been on top of that.
It will all come together. It always does. God puts it together anyway!!
I did some reading today....one chapter was on Forgiveness.
Anybody have any thoughts on forgiveness?
It's a tricky one, I tell ya, and yet...so simple with Jesus. A friend gave me the book "Sometimes I don't feel like praying" by Mike Jones and it sure has touched alot of areas in my life that need improvement....forgiveness being one and I really thought I HAD forgiven! But something still doesn't seem right.
And this...I'm about 3 weeks or so into a 30 day NO CHOCOLATE, sweets, etc.
If you know me at all, you know this is no easy task!!!
I love chocolate. LOVE it!
It even says so in my profile description! I made a decision one day that I was going to go for 30 days for a few reasons which I will explain....after the 30 days. :)
I have to say I've been tempted, but not too badly. I remember when I was a kid I went on these sort of "breaks" from candy. All the kids around would be eating it, but I remember sticking to my commitment. I don't really remember why or how often I would do this as a kid, but I did. Don't they say that after like 21 days it becomes a habit? Well then, I suppose I'm off to a good start! :) But, I do want to taste the chocolate malt cream cheese bars that are waiting for me in the freezer too! Going to move on now....too much talk about chocolate!
2 comments:
PRAISE THE LORD for His lessons on forgiveness!!!!
Easter blessings to my very special Sister in Christ MH
wtg on the chocolate.. i've been giving up coffee (after lunch only lol) and it's been a challenge.
happy easter!
Post a Comment