
I drove through my childhood town today and I just had to stop and take a few pictures. Things are so different and yet the same. Buildings look much smaller. Distances seem to be not as far either. I'm pretty sure that I walked every road in that small town...many times! Oh and bike riding...lots of that! I took a look at the way to Grandma and Grandpas house, and remembered many trips over that church hill, always to be welcomed and blessed by two incredible people!
Here's the cafe that both Mom and Grandma worked at.

Main Street....not a car in site.

The school....oh what memories! Some good, some bad. Teachers, friends, recess, cheerleading, grandmas home cooked meals, science projects, 8th grade graduation...and on and on.

The church i used to attend....all closed up.

Our home.

A view of the backyard where a neighbors house used to be. This was the neighbor who's name was Orange....crazy huh!! That really was his name! Anyway he had a german shepherd dog that barked and growled almost every time we walked my there on our way to the grocery store or post office. Scared us silly!! Honestly, to this day, I am still a bit afraid of dogs.

I do not remember the street going right past our home being called Miller Ave.....Did they name it after Glen because when we started dating it was his street to race by on his motorcycle doing wheelies??? ha ha

1 comment:
oh how neat! Thanks for the tour!
Post a Comment