I reluctantly headed off to Fargo last Sunday for a week of training for work.
I love to learn, but meetings all week???
Not cool or so I thought.
After the first day I knew this was good and I was going to learn alot of valuable things for my job.
I know that I will still make some mistakes and that I will still not have all the answers, but I do know that I have learned enough to make some difference in what I do.
I love to learn, but meetings all week???
Not cool or so I thought.
After the first day I knew this was good and I was going to learn alot of valuable things for my job.
I know that I will still make some mistakes and that I will still not have all the answers, but I do know that I have learned enough to make some difference in what I do.
When I got to Fargo on Sunday I headed strait to my hotel.
I booked a room (with a request on the lower floor) at the Ramada which is quite nice.
The hotel clerk handed me my card with the number 414 on it.
I was like "I can't do that" "I don't do elevators"!!
He searched around on his computer and finally got me a new room....on 2nd floor! Hallelujah...(or so I thought).
I got directions to the stairs and was immediately concerned that they did not look good.
They were in a concrete stairwell and the sign said "roof access".
I headed up and up and up and did not see a doorway out....freaked out, went back to front desk to make sure I was in the right place and I was, just had to keep going farther up!!!
By the time I made it to my floor and found my room I was a wreck, shaking from fear and just upset that this nice place had to be so bad for me.
I then decided that I would need to find a different hotel and got on the phone.
I reserved a room for the rest of the week at the same place I had stayed before when in Fargo. Now I had an amazing room!!
It was a suite, 2 flat screen tv's, kitchenette, table, living area..HUGE, but I couldn't stay.
It embarrasses me that I couldn't do the elevator.
If I had not been alone, I certainly would have gone in the elevator, but I couldn't find it in myself to do it alone.
I know that I need to work on those types of fear that I have.
It takes time though.
Once I got through the night and checked into the new hotel things were much better.
I was on the ground floor! :)
Simple, basic, 1 room hotel, but it was perfect!
Tomorrow I will post about one of the famous people I got to see during my week of training!
I booked a room (with a request on the lower floor) at the Ramada which is quite nice.
The hotel clerk handed me my card with the number 414 on it.
I was like "I can't do that" "I don't do elevators"!!
He searched around on his computer and finally got me a new room....on 2nd floor! Hallelujah...(or so I thought).
I got directions to the stairs and was immediately concerned that they did not look good.
They were in a concrete stairwell and the sign said "roof access".
I headed up and up and up and did not see a doorway out....freaked out, went back to front desk to make sure I was in the right place and I was, just had to keep going farther up!!!
By the time I made it to my floor and found my room I was a wreck, shaking from fear and just upset that this nice place had to be so bad for me.
I then decided that I would need to find a different hotel and got on the phone.
I reserved a room for the rest of the week at the same place I had stayed before when in Fargo. Now I had an amazing room!!
It was a suite, 2 flat screen tv's, kitchenette, table, living area..HUGE, but I couldn't stay.
It embarrasses me that I couldn't do the elevator.
If I had not been alone, I certainly would have gone in the elevator, but I couldn't find it in myself to do it alone.
I know that I need to work on those types of fear that I have.
It takes time though.
Once I got through the night and checked into the new hotel things were much better.
I was on the ground floor! :)
Simple, basic, 1 room hotel, but it was perfect!
Tomorrow I will post about one of the famous people I got to see during my week of training!
No comments:
Post a Comment