Each day we were dismissed for a one hour lunch period.
I did not go with any of the other girls, just headed out on my own. I love to check out cute little places and that is just what I did....well first day I had to go to Erbert and Gerberts! Love that place! They make the best veggie sandwich, called the Jacob bluefinger.....avacado, tomato, cheese, sprouts and dressing..yummy!
Other places I went to were: Barnes and Noble ~ great sandwiches and soup, Sweet Dreams Confections~ sandwiches and soup, and a cute little place called Cafe Chocolat ~ they made me a veggie sandwich not even on the menu and I had their tomato soup that was just amazing! I also tried Caribou Coffee and was delighted by their veggie breakfast sandwich.
One place I did not eat was Qdoba and I love that place!
Not enough time, I guess.
So on to the first star I got to see/hear.
Bristol Palin was in Fargo and spoke at a conference held by the Perry Center in Fargo.
This event was held at the Holiday Inn.
The Perry Center is a home for pregnant unwed moms.
There were about 1000 people in attendance of this meeting.
I did go alone, and after buying my ticket and standing in the line, the thought crossed my mind that I should maybe just leave.
It was wierd being there alone.
But I stayed and am so glad I did!
I would love to get involved in helping teen/unwed moms.
Being a teen mom myself many years ago, I do understand the fear of "what happens now??".
I would love to be able to help someone choose life even if it means adoption over abortion. Bristol described her little guy as "curious, happy, full of energy, and .....he lives!" I love that!!
Tomorrow, I will share about the other star I saw!! :)
I did not go with any of the other girls, just headed out on my own. I love to check out cute little places and that is just what I did....well first day I had to go to Erbert and Gerberts! Love that place! They make the best veggie sandwich, called the Jacob bluefinger.....avacado, tomato, cheese, sprouts and dressing..yummy!
Other places I went to were: Barnes and Noble ~ great sandwiches and soup, Sweet Dreams Confections~ sandwiches and soup, and a cute little place called Cafe Chocolat ~ they made me a veggie sandwich not even on the menu and I had their tomato soup that was just amazing! I also tried Caribou Coffee and was delighted by their veggie breakfast sandwich.
One place I did not eat was Qdoba and I love that place!
Not enough time, I guess.
So on to the first star I got to see/hear.
Bristol Palin was in Fargo and spoke at a conference held by the Perry Center in Fargo.
This event was held at the Holiday Inn.
There were about 1000 people in attendance of this meeting.
I did go alone, and after buying my ticket and standing in the line, the thought crossed my mind that I should maybe just leave.
It was wierd being there alone.
But I stayed and am so glad I did!
I would love to get involved in helping teen/unwed moms.
Being a teen mom myself many years ago, I do understand the fear of "what happens now??".
I would love to be able to help someone choose life even if it means adoption over abortion. Bristol described her little guy as "curious, happy, full of energy, and .....he lives!" I love that!!
Tomorrow, I will share about the other star I saw!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment