Ok..I have issues. I am starting to realize that life really isn't so much about right or wrong. I am constantly trying to determine if what I am doing is right or not. (Or honestly, if what my family is doing is right or wrong.) I want to do what is right! But am I focusing too much on trying to do what is right that I am forgetting what is important. I do realize that God does want us to do good, to be good people....but what He really wants is our hearts! And if He has our hearts, we will do good. My focus is not right. I need to stop thinking about What I'm doing and focus on Who I am serving. It is so very easy to get caught up in the do's and dont's in life that it makes me not be who I really want to be. I suppose we'd all like to be perfect and never displease God, but on this side of Heaven I don't think we are able to be "perfect" EXCEPT through Jesus our Savior. So then, how do we be that 'perfect'.....how do we be through Him? Focus on Him, commune with Him, share Him, trust Him (Big one for me!). I think I've always been so afraid that I will do wrong that it has consumed me without me realizing it...until now. Part of what has brought me to this today is that I am having a hard time understanding our Church being OK with things that years back, were "wrong". People are reminding me that isn't not about the THINGS it's about HIM. Serve Him!
I came across this today in Swimming Against the Current by Chris Blake:
"Often we dialogue and debate over which should receive more emphasis: faith(what I believe) or works (what I do). Many times the analogy of two oars will be made; both oars ~ faith and works ~ are needed for our boat to make progress toward our destination. But Grace is more than either oar. Grace is more than both oars pulling together. Grace is the boat itself. Without grace, we're up a creek with no boat, and oars don't do much good when we're sitting on a sandy streambed.
Hebrews chapter 12 says "Let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith". I love that...."looking to Jesus". There's my answer. HE saves me... I don't save myself.
2 comments:
Just found your blog tonight (from Jody F's). I hafta say....I love it. It is so fresh. What you wrote on this post spoke to me so much. I am a pastor's wife and OFTEN get myself caught in the "doing what's right" trap. Thanks for sharing. You touched my heart.
~Rachelle
hey lisa,
so you told me you would give me some sites to work on my blog, I need, I need!!! I am trying to get my valentine picture to actually go with the valentine comment!! I also think a counter is a good Idea!! PS. I heard Juno was really good also. Have a good week.
Post a Comment