What Happens When Women Walk in Faith
Chapter 2: A line in the Sand
Chapter 2: A line in the Sand
I first read this chapter sitting by the River on Sunday. Interesting that Lysa shared that "We must leave our past behind, draw a line in the sand, and determine to proceed forward with God."
This chapter talked about leaving. "Leave the attitude, leave the stubborn pride, leave the right to be right, leave the control, and biggest of all, leave the unbelief." Wow! I guess to be fully serving God one must first put behind the yucky stuff(and leave it there!). And I'm thinking that is an everyday thing for me! I hate the yucky stuff! I don't want it in my life...so why do I everyday carry it??? I may have the line drawn...but have I stepped over it? It's my desire to do His will, but I get so caught up in the yucky stuff of this life. Something else, I think I don't have the faith that I need. When I read in Hebrews 11 about the many people that God worked with and the faith they had, wow, I need to step it up a bit!! I will...with God!! :)
Some of my favorite and marked verses in the Bible were shared in the study part of this chapter.
Isaiah 43:16-19
"This is what the LORD says—
he who made a way through the sea,
a path through the mighty waters,
who drew out the chariots and horses,
the army and reinforcements together,
and they lay there, never to rise again,
extinguished, snuffed out like a wick:
"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland."
Philippians 3:12-14
"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
And this........
is what I need to pursue to have more of!
2 comments:
Hi Lisa,
It's so difficult to take that step over the line. I drew a line and stepped over it determined to eat healthier and I have all day today but I almost faltered without even realizing it. Must've been cool to sit by the river and read - sigh.
Love the pic's! Leaving the past behind can sometimes be so difficult, but I'm learning just how important it is to do this to move forward with God. He has so much for us on the other side of the line!!
Post a Comment