What Happens When Women Walk in Faith
Chapter 3 God has a Plan
Chapter 3 God has a Plan
To me this chapter was alot about the previous chapter. What it said to me was to have that Faith in God that you can believe that HE DOES have a plan for your life. Alot of times, I've wondered...what is this life about anyway? What is my purpose? Can God even use me?
Lysa shared her experience with her writing a book only to find out that it wasn't good enough.
"I had tried to force the dream to come true with my own formula, and if failed miserably."
Oh my goodness, how many times do we do that? And so many times I think that we "think" God is leading us, but really we've gone off on our own way. How incredibly important is it that we Daily are in touch with God and let go of self. It's just too easy to go off on our own way....sadly without even realizing it sometimes.
She writes "God's plan was perfect and when I left my plans behind, God let me participate in His."
It can be hard to understand God's plan. I know for myself as I pray and pray about my daughter and how she wants to find the right guy. I feel like I'm constantly looking for that guy for her. I NEED to let God work out His plan. After all, wouldn't you want God to find a mate for your child?? My daughter is trusting God with this more than I am and I think I just realized that. It's hard. Waiting...having that Faith that He will give her the dream she is asking for. Lisa just needs to remember that. A reward in letting God do his will in our lives is not only the outcome of it, but the walk through it.....growing and looking back to see what He really did! Amazing.
And of course one of my favorite verses: (It wasn't in the chapter but it speaks to me)
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
4 comments:
You mention thinking too much and I am guilty of that far too often!! The other day I told my husband I needed an off switch for my mind - if it were only that easy!! It was long after that and God seemed to show me when I'm thinking too much maybe I'm not trusting enough. That thought can hurt, but I do just need to put it all in His plans. Thanks for reminding me of that, Jill
This chapter was a good reminder for me! I tend to have to take these things day by day--who am I kidding, more like moment by moment! Laying it down before Him does get a little easier with practice though. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
You are so right about how we go off on our own way thinking we are following God. In the blink of an eye we can get off track.
I think Jeremiah 29:11 is such a wonderful scripture to focus on when we're tempted to say "You want me to do what?"
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Luanne
Too often I've tried to take control of things I shouldn't. Too often I make a mess of the things I can't give up contol over. God knows what's best for all of us including our children but sometimes I forget and want to do things my way which is not a good thing.
Blessings,
Sandra
Post a Comment