Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another loss




Last summer a mechanic shop in my town was destroyed by fire.
3 months ago my uncle Kenny was killed in a car accident.
A short time later my town lost a very young person in another car accident.
Another person...very well known here....died unexpectedly.
Today....we lost 2 businesses to fire. A bar/steakhouse/bowling alley and a cafe(that just 3 years ago was owned by my uncle and his wife for 13 years) . For those of you who read my blog and don't know me....that's some huge losses for a town of about 700 people.
People here are frustrated. "Why do bad things keep happening?" "When is it enough?"
It is incredibly hard to see through some of this and as a Christian I like to seek God in it. Tonight I'm sort of at a loss for thoughts. I just know that God IS here, He DOES care...and He WILL see this community through these losses.

1 comment:

Anna said...

so sorry for the loss. I know that is a favorite place to eat for people all around the area :(