I read something this morning that really touched me. It's from 1 John 3:1-3
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! (Did you read that???)The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. (Do we really represent God enough that people see Him in us???) Dear friends, now we are children of God (CHILDREN of God!), and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears,we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.
We represent Him! He lavishes love upon us. I'm sure that your children have some similarities to you. People can usually tell "oh that's so and so's child for sure"....just by their looks or personality, etc.
Oh how I hope and pray that we can be like Him...that we know Him. That other's see Him in us. And in that...we bring people TO Him and not away. We are promised His love, His purity. Let's KNOW Him and represent Him for who He really is. We are His Children!
We represent Him! He lavishes love upon us. I'm sure that your children have some similarities to you. People can usually tell "oh that's so and so's child for sure"....just by their looks or personality, etc.
Oh how I hope and pray that we can be like Him...that we know Him. That other's see Him in us. And in that...we bring people TO Him and not away. We are promised His love, His purity. Let's KNOW Him and represent Him for who He really is. We are His Children!
3 comments:
Amen! what a great post for Friday! have a great weekend!
He never forgets us!
Loved your post this morning! Hope you have a wonderful sunday!
Post a Comment