Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Somebody Explain

This Christmas seems so much more depressing.
I have several people in my family and even friends who are struggling so much this year.
There is loss, broken relationships, financial burdens, missing family, sickness and so many other issues. Why so bad this year?
I'm hearing :
" I just want to skip Christmas"
and "let's just get this over with"
and "it's just not that good anymore".
My heart aches for EACH person affected by these things.
When people I know hurt, I hurt with them and I wish so much I could just change it all....
for everyone.
I intend to keep each person in prayer this Holiday Season.
I believe our God has a plan.
He knows tomorrow.
Somehow we need to give every effort we can come up with....and give it all to Him.
I know how hard that can be.
You pray and you pray.
And when you don't feel that an answer has come, you wonder.....Why?
Please answer MY prayer too God!
Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep holding on.
There's something bigger and better on it's way!
Somehow. Someway. Someday.
That's all I know. That's all I can go on. That's all you can go on.
And guess what.......that's the BEST thing to know and to go on! :) God.
He IS. He WILL. He LOVES!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound so very sad lately, Lisa. I'm praying for real joy to be in your heart. :) Take care!!

Anonymous said...

Lisa......you hit the nail on the head! There is no magic pill, there is no easy answer, there is nothing but faith and belief in HIS direction, in HIS time and in HIS way. It is so hard to watch faith waiver especially when you yourself think these loved ones have had more then their fair share of troubles. I guess we are the ones that have to stand by and continue to encourage the positives of the day or the moment. We cant lose faith or they are sure to. I love your heart! You are such a giving wonderful person! May 2011 bring some joy to everyone around you.