Well we are off to another year.
It's beginning with sadness as my dear grandma who was 94 passed away on Wednesday night.
We will be saying goodbye to her on Monday.
What a grandma she was!
As a kid I spent alot of time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. They always welcomed all of us kids into their home at any time. Grandma was always making something in the kitchen for us kids. She was the best cook! And I don't know what she did to her popcorn but it was so comforting to have a big bowl of that in the evenings. She always had a bag of "cheesies" (Cheetoes as other people call them) in her cupboards.
There are just a ton of really really good memories of this sweet person.
Donuts, lefsa, gardening, sewing quilts, laundry day with the old wringer washer, canning, her toy box of legos and old perfume bottles :), her jewelry, and her always doing whatever gramps told her to do....sometimes with a bit of words said under her breath!!
Sometimes I wonder how much worry us kids put upon her.
She was a funny lady...a kind lady, and she will be missed by many!
I am praying that 2011 will be a year of blessings, happiness, growth in many areas, and love!
Happy New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment