like you are a terrible, horrible, no good person? Well that's what I've been feeling like lately. I think it has to do with all the stuff going on at work and some family stuff. I tend to get very worked up and then say things and later feel yucky about them. I hate what it does to me. I'm not sure how to stop. I just know that yesterday as I was driving home from work I thought to myself...Lisa you are a terrible, horrible, no good person! I've always been the kind of person that helps others and is kind and caring, but lately...not so good! Maybe my answer and my solution is getting to my heart and searching His word. Maybe I've failed in my relationship with Him and it is affecting how I act and react. James 1:12 says "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him. " What does it mean to persevere? Persevere: to persist in anything undertaken; maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, obstacles, or discouragement; continue steadfastly. I think I need to focus on the purpose....not the obstacle. My purpose is TO SERVE HIM!
Here's another verse: Jame 1:19 "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for a man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."
I love this verse today: "Being confident that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6 Even though I fail and some days it's bad....I have to believe that God will continue to work out the good in me. But I have to do MY part.
1 comment:
Lisa,
Please be assured you are one of the most beautiful people in my life. You have more spirit and strength then most others I know. I know what it is like to faulter in my faith as I too have been questioning things that are happening in my own life. I came to he realization a couple of nights ago that I have the control to change my day by the way I look at things that are happening in a differnt way. I can change it much more easily with trying harder to see it God's way then my own way. Reach out to him and walk with him as you know how to do and you will see the purpose. You are so awesome and the Lord knows you so well. We are all better because you are a part of our lives! I love you much!
Bridget
Post a Comment