Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back from the Cities

Amy and I just got back tonight from our trip to the cities. We had a fabulous time! Friday we shopped at the outlet malls and then off to Bridget's. She and her family took us out to supper to a place called Buca di Beppo. It was an Italian restaurant that serves family size portions of food. So yummy!!
Saturday morning we found an Adventist church and that was nice. Not very many people there though. They wanted us to stay for potluck, but we didn't. Saturday afternoon Amy and I headed to downtown Minneapolis. Bridget's husband gave us perfect directions, but we, ok, I wanted to go to a sculpture park so we took an earlier exit but it didn't work out too well. We didn't find the park...we got too nervous being off track and then the directions we were given to get to our Concert were all messed up because we were not where we were supposed to be! But we got it. We were the first ones in line at the club, so we had perfect seating. It was awesome!!! There was a local band first, then After Edmund, Addison Road and Building 429. The messages of Addison Road and Building 429 really really touched our hearts. I thought they were just talking directly to us.
Addison Road shared about all the changes going on and how when our world seems to be upside down, we can know that God can be trusted and we should hold on to the hope that He brings to us.
Building 429 talked about how God carries us through any circumstances, divorce, loneliness, low self-esteem, anger. God carries us and he is ALWAYS there!!!
I do like it when they share Jesus in words and their music. Just a wonderful night! We want to go again. This club has concerts every weekend...so we'll see. Here's a link to the club Club 3 Degrees
This morning we went to church with Bridget. Her church has an average attendence of about 7000 people according to the bulleton. It was a really nice experience. Lots of praise and worship and the message was a blessing too. Amy and I went to IKEA today!! So happy about that! First time ever and I do like it. Bought a few little things. We then went over to the Mall of America. We didn't get to stay too long because we really needed to get going home. At the Mall we were able to see Shelley and Paige for a few minutes. That was nice...wish it could have been longer.
I have pictures to post, but since I forgot my attachment at home they will have to wait till next week when I get back.

No comments: