Monday, January 24, 2011

Blue Monday

I guess today is Blue Monday...ha, I didn't even realize it. It's called that for a few reasons:

this from Wishful thinking blog.......
Well, Dr. Cliff Arnall a former tutor at the Center for Lifelong Learning of Cardiff University in Wales says it because of the following six factors:
  1. Weather conditions. (Less sun and lots of cold and snowy weather blanketing the Earth this time of year.)
  2. Debt level and our ability to pay that debt. (Ouch, all those holiday shopping bills coming due.)
  3. Time elapsed since the excitement of Christmas. (Even taking in to account that many folks do not celebrate Christmas or celebrate it in January, the holiday build-up and hoopla in December raises everyone’s adrenalin a bit.)
  4. Realization that we already may be letting our New Years resolutions slide. (Not those of us who are OTATing, of course.)
  5. Our general seasonal motivational levels. (Winter malaise setting in, all that holiday food still hugging our waist lines.)
  6. And, our overall need to take action and to have something to look forward to. (Not too many holidays in our immediate futures.)
  7. It’s a Monday! (I added that one.)
But hey...Monday's almost over, so if you got through it without too much trouble, Yay for you. And if you had a real crummy day you can look forward to
June 30th....
The happiest day of the year! :)
Now that I like!

1 comment:

Amydeanne said...

lol well I'm still going strong on my NY resolutions!