I've always heard "believe in yourself",however, I've never really felt that one should do that, since it is God whom we should believe in. That was until yesterday. We had a Video for our Sermon and it really taught me something. The story was of Peter when he was walking on the water to Jesus. We all know that he started falling into the water because he took his eyes off Jesus. But WHY did he take his eyes off Jesus? Well, it is because he lost the confidence and belief in himself. Jesus could have him walk on water till forever, but Peter didn't think HE could do it and therefore looked away from Jesus. This tells me that I can believe in God to do great things in my life (cause I know He can)
but if I don't believe that I can do it, (because of HIM of course) I will never do what God has planned for me. God created us to BE instruments for Him. Are we? Do we really think we can? I mean we're talking ordinary and simple people here (me).
We have to have enough confidence in ourselves to believe that God IS who He says He is and that He WILL take care of us. If we can believe WE CAN do it
because of Him, then He can use us to do the extraordinary things He has planned for us. It's up to us, people! It's always our choice. The possibilities are endless....His ways are perfect.
God believes in us ~ we need to believe in us too.
1 comment:
Hey lisa
I love your template so I went to the lena website and I am having the same trouble as the other people trying to get it on my blog. Any suggestions???? I need help!!
Post a Comment