Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith

Chapter 8 Refusing to get bogged down in Bitterness

Wow..what a chapter! The chapter starts with the story of Joseph. What an amazing example for us! How in the world did he get through what he did? He certainly could have become a bitter person. Who of us wouldn't be...really. But, he made the CONSTANT decision to honor God. Also, we are to think about the brothers. What were they thinking? They LET bitterness take over in their lives and look what happened. I can choose Bitterness or to Honor God. It's really up to me. I see in this story where each leads. Oh goodness, I hope I always can make the right decision.

Chapter 9 A most Unlikely Path
Follow God...regardless!
"God know the best routes for us. He sees dangers and temptations that we don't see along the way. Sometimes we get frustrated with God when He takes us through places we hadn't planned on going. His route sometimes appears to be out of the way, inconvenient, tiresome, and confusing. But we must recognize His voice, listen carefully, and do exactly as He instructs."
Sometimes we even need to ask God to help us want to obey. It's difficult when we have plans and He seems to take us down a different path then what we had in mind. As I posted earlier about Amy...God seems to be leading her in a different path.
I struggle sometimes with trying to figure out God and what the purpose is for some of the junk in my life. I guess I just need to keep trusting and going the path He leads.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa
Enjoyed your post, but also enjoyed the one below about your new bathroom colors. I was cracking up. I am horrible when it comes to home make overs. I should have been born with a silver spoon in my mouth so I could hire it all out. It looks great when everyone else does it but when I try the same its a mess. Glad God loves me even when I'm a mess.
Isn't this a fun study?
Luanne

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Lisa,
Enjoyed reading your thoughts on the study tonight. Like you, going back over and re-reading about Joseph sure put a new light on things for me. How he rose above everything,... higher and higher...
Just wanted to drop a note and say hi.
Lea