Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith Chapters 12 &13

Chapter 12 Learning to Lead
I had thought this book was written for me until chapter 12 when it says "God is calling you to live out His dream for you , and part of the dream is to lead." And I'm thinking....NOPE, not me, not a leader! I'm not good enough, I could be rejected, I will mess up!! But Lysa writes "God calls inadequate people so HE can work through them and HE can receive the glory that is only His. When you experience God working through you despite your human shortcomings, your confidences in Him and His abilities will grow more than ever before."
I have to say that honestly I have experienced God working in me to do what I in no way thought I could do....and I Believe in Him even more because of that. So can I be a leader? YES! I can....because of Him.
Here's a part in the chapter I love: Lysa writes, " The way to be a good leader is for your actions to be reflective of God reigning inside you. But to be a great leader is for your reactions to be reflective of God reigning inside you." Your REACTIONS are Key! I totally need to work on my reactions!

Chapter 13 Death Does No Mean Defeat

What a chapter! Lysa tells her story of meeting "Mr Right" and how she was sure he was the one and then he broke her heart. What a disappointment. A death in her life. But God did have a bigger plan and blessed her even more than she ever thought could come from this story.
It makes me think of my own daughter Amy and how she met "Mr. Right" only to have her heart broken. I know God has a bigger plan for her too....we're just waiting to see what that plan is. God is good and He is with the brokenhearted. He cares more than even I do as a Mom. That's alot!
It is interesting to see God work things out when there has been disappointment. I love that God knows best and He blesses in ways we weren't even thinking of.
Lysa writes, " I could not see that what I though was an ending was only the beginning."
She shared this awesome verse:
"Now unto Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, foreve and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I do so love that verse in Ephesians!

And it is so awesome to look back and realize that God had a plan and it was far better than what we had imagined. I just wish I could believe that more fully when I am in the throes of those death situations! I know your daughter will look back someday and say "Great work God. You saved me from a wrong choice."

Yolanda said...

This journey with God has simply been nothing short of amazing. I love how He is constantly showing HIM to us.

Blessings to you and your day,
Yolanda

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Lysa-look at the Bible and all the unqualified people that He qualified. What encouragment that is for us!!
Blessings!

In His Graces~Pamela