Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What Happens When Women Walk In Faith
Chapter 10 Roadblocks and Reassurances

Oh what an interesting chapter! Lysa talks about a neighbor that is really making her testimony shake a bit. The neighbor isn't friendly at all. The neighbor seems unworkable. The neighbor seems to not care one bit about Lysa at all. The neigbor is really making Lysa's life miserable. There is no understanding, no working things out. What does one do with people in our lives like this. We all have them. We want to tell them off! And really where does that get us?
God had Lysa give her "difficult" neighbor a glass of water because the neighbor was probably hot and thirsty putting up the fence by Lysa's house. Whoa...I'm not excited about doing something for someone who I have trouble with!
We want the difficult people in our lives to change, but really the change comes in us and Lysa shared that experience.
There will always be "difficult people and situations in our lives and it is through those times that God works to change us and make us grow! The thing is we HAVE to stay connect to God, we have to serve Him with our whole heart, otherwise we will certainly fall. It's good to know that God does go with us through these times. He will carry us through.
I like what Lysa wrote about her neighbor: "She did not deserve any acts of kindness from me. And then God broke through my selfishness and pointed out that if His judgment was based on what we deserved, I would surely never see heaven."


Chapter 11 God Will Make a Way
Lysa talks about Choosing to serve God. "Our feelings do not have to dictate our choices." I need to read that quote over and over again! My feelings do not have to dictate my choices.
I might not FEEL like being nice, but I can CHOOSE to be nice because I serve a God who CHOOSES to love me, even though I am unlovable at times.
Lysa writes, " But if we make the choice to rejoice and keep looking up, when we hit the inevitable mud puddle, our shoes might be a little dirty, but it will not affect the way we see life."
This CHOICE must be made deep in our heart so that it's a real and not just following the rules.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm enjoying sharing study with you! It is so neat to read how Lysa's words impact other women. I felt a bit convicted when reading Lysa's story about her neighbor. I've never had an issue with a neighbor like that, but mostly it's because I have never gotten close enough to ruffle any feathers. Lysa has challenged me to reach out in relationship!
Blessings!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

"My feelings do not have to dictate my choices." boy do I say this all the time to my girls...at least it's cllose to Lysa's words. I am constantly saying "you choose your actions, not the other person". Lysa has really empowered me to react differently to those people who rub me wrong!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Laurie Ann said...

Awesome post! I'm sorry I'm so late in commenting. I just got my post up last night.

Didn't you love it when she said, "She did not deserve any acts of kindness from me. And then God broke through my selfishness and pointed out that if His judgment was based on what we deserved, I would surely never see heaven."

Oh how convicting! Weren't these chapters the best? I loved them so much and gleaned so much out of them.