Sunday, March 22, 2009

Back from a weekend of ....planning.

I had to privilege of spending the weekend with some of God's daughters. I had a wonderful time. We got all our planning for the September Retreat done. And we managed to eat a little and do some laughing! Ok....we ate ALOT and laughed most of the weekend. :) I always find it so interesting when everything just fits together. Our theme for this years retreat is The Redemption of A Woman. It was a bit difficult to come up with favors and finding just the right text. But we did it.....with prayer.
Anne ~ our fearless leader, brought gifts for each of us and she always trys to fit our personalities in the gift. We each received a cup, saucer and spoon. All different. Mine features a Poppy! I LOVE poppies!!! Anne didn't know about our Poppy. When I was little my parents had a foster child and her name, well I think nickname, was Poppy! I always think of the sacrifice that my parents, especially my mom gave in helping other kids by taking care of them in their time of difficulty. My brother and I didn't always like having these kids playing with our toys and stuff. I think that Poppy just really sticks out in my mind and reminds me ~ 1. There are kids who need people like my mom. 2. I need to be willing to share my life with "difficult" people and with a smile! God's telling me something here! 3. Even though I don't know Poppy today, she was and is one of God's daughter's too. I pray her life is good today....and hopefully my mom's giving made a good impact on her.
Here's our cups....mine is the orange Poppy one in the front. They are all beautiful.
These next two pictures are of our group.
Back row: Ruth (our hostess), Anne (our leader), Brenna (the new one...well not really, she's just back after taking time off to go to school....she's really nice too). Front row: Cleo (our mentor), Sandy (our get it done girl), Janice (our funny girl) and Jen (our creative one).
Did I do ok, girls?? :)And this second one has me in it instead of Jen. Somebody had to take the picture. :)



1 comment:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Anne really sounds like a hostess with the mostess. Bringing gifts that fit each of your personalities is very special. I am sure that you will have a wonderful retreat come September.

-Francesca