Friday, June 19, 2009

Life

I'm still in Fargo and enjoying some time away here. It has been such a treat to have Hannah and Sierra with me. They have been SO good! They love shopping. It's fun to watch them. Sierra wants to take the tags off of everything she tries on. I really had to watch her with that as I was not planning on buying too much. They each got a pair of sunglasses from The Children's Store yesterday. They are so cute with them on....well they are cute without them on too. :)
Today was the Teddy Bear Parade. Basically we walking along the road with about 1000 other kids holding our teddy bears. Not too many spectators. In the park there were all sorts of crafts, activities and games, all free for the kids. Hannah won a door prize at the puppet show we went to. She got a blue teddy bear! The girls are both taking a nap, I think being outside since 10 am wore them out. As soon as they wake up we are going swimming in the little pool that is only a few blocks away from Amy's apt. Destiny is taking the girls tonight. I guess they are going to eat at Space Aliens ~ one of Hannah's favorite places. I think they are going to stay overnight with Destiny too. I should head home tomorrow but we didn't get to go to Yunker Farm yet. We'll see how it goes and if Larry and Billie Jo need the girls home yet or not.

It hasn't all been fun here. My car is in the shop. Yep, it finally scared me enough that it was time it got looked at. I wasn't sure I was going to get back to Amy's from Fargo. It made alot of noise and was cutting out. The cutting out part is something that it has been doing for some time...it was just REALLY bad this time. So the mechanic called today and there are for sure 2 things going on. One ~ the water pump is out ~ $500. Second ~ there is something major wrong with the transmission ~ $1000. I dont' have either $500 or $1000!!! Today they are fixing the water pump....it HAS to be done. I don't know from there what will happen. Last night Amy and I drove through a car dealer just to look. I don't know if it is time for a different car. I HATE the thought of car payments again!!!! But our car has just short of 200,000 miles on it. Literally a few hundred left and we are there. So ya....not sure what happens next. Guess that's why we take one day at a time.

No comments: