Sunday, June 7, 2009

On the right path?

My daughter and I had a LONG talk tonight. Boy, when she talks, she talks. :) One thing we talked about led to another and on and on. We talked alot about church and churches in general. I was raised Seventh-Day-Adventist and raised her the same. Recently she has been going to church on Sunday. We both agree that the main thing is knowing God....no matter what! There is this idea that people in some churches can feel better than others in a different church. An analogy we (well I) came to was this: She drives a nice yellow car, but does she think that her yellow car is better than her neighbors pink car? Will they both get them to the same place IF they follow the map? Can they take different routes to get to that same place? I will admitt it has been hard for me to watch her make a change. But, I will also say, that she loves God, and her most important thing is to follow Him. She is just doing it differently than I am. As long as both she and I stay connected to God....it's going to be ok.

2 comments:

Brooke Meyenberg said...

I'm sure that's has to be a little hard to swallow and watch, but gosh what a great (and gracious) attitude for a mom to have!
Sounds like ya did right, 'on the right path' indeed! - Regardless of the day of worship. :)

Amydeanne said...

gotta love the deep conversations with our kids! it sounds like it was a good one!