Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm in Fargo

Amy called at 7:15 this morning and was not feeling any better so I took off for Fargo to see what I could do. I mean goodness...even though she's 26 every once in a while she still needs me. :)
I could immediately see that the side of her face and neck is swollen. I cannot believe the huge swollen mass in the back of her throat!! I suppose it's her tonsil but seriously it does not look like it at all! No wonder she is having trouble swallowing/breathing/talking/sleeping. I doubled up her antibiotics so I sure hope things change for the better soon. She is resting now. Got her a heating pad...for her sore back and legs ~ a humidifier to hopefully help the breathing ~ and pushing fluids. Oh and I made her a hot drink like my Grandpa Reutter was famous for...the lemon/honey/and a bit of brandy. She said it was horrible. I hope it helps.

6 comments:

Celine said...

Ugh, I'm sorry she's feeling so sick!
Poor little thing!
I hope she feels better soon!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Day 3 of the Where’s Wenda? Contest is here. Today I am visiting all of the SITStas that commented on Three Bay B Chicks. That means you! Thanks so much for stopping by and for being a great SISta!

-Wenda

MsTypo said...

There is no medicine that works quite as well as Mommy TLC. Hope your daughter feels better soon. *healing vibes* :)

Kathy B! said...

Over here too... that Wenda is sooo busy.

I'm sending hug, well wishes and prayers for you and your family!

Sturgmom said...

You're so sweet to go and take care of her! She's lucky to have such a fabulous mom! Hope she is feeling better already!

Megan said...

What a good mama! I hope she feels better asap!