Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Party!

The Birthday Guy:


Well we did it! Larry was surprised. He said he kinda knew something was up...but we did surprise him after all. There were about 50 people there including the kids. We got home about 12:30 last night....people stayed late! Everything went well. Everyone loved the "old" candies on the tables. I think it brought back memories for many people. I know for myself going to the store with 25 cents to buy candy was a good day! We got alot of stuff in our little brown bags!
We served chili, beer bread, crackers, corn salsa and chips, Glen's kettle corn, soda, and cake.
As usual, I forgot to take pictures of the tables before anyone got there! I would like to start keeping a book of these ideas, etc, but I do need to take the pictures. Here are some of the pictures from the night.
This picture is from Friday night....Glen made a 13 gallon bag full of his Kettle Corn. There was only about 3 cups of it left after the party! :)

Popcorn containers I bought at Hobby Lobby...they were perfect!Tables:


Alittle messy already but this is the idea...Old candy in containers, photo confetti, Candles, candy cigarettes.

Another Hobby Lobby purchase...the plate stand.

The silverware and napkins all wrapped.
The soda's ready for the ice!This is where we had the sodas.....so fun.

No comments: