Lifelight was absolutely Amazing! Seriously! It is on my schedule to attend every year!!
We had a good trip down and checked into our motel. I was so excited to be there and I headed for our room #237. The maids were still getting it ready and were not very happy with the guy who gave us the room when it wasn't ready yet. But we were ok with waiting a few minutes, they were almost done. They let us in...we carried our things in, used the bathroom, etc, when I happened to look at our key and see the #247! I'm like "Oh my goodness!" we had the wrong room! I quickly went to get the maid and apologized....and moved to our correct room! Amy wasn't too happy with me. But we got over it.
We had no idea that Lifelight was held in the middle of a corn field. We literally drove through a path in the corn field. Before I went to Lifelight I started walking around town because I knew that there would be alot of walking to do there...and I was right. What I didn't condition myself for and should have was: 1. Standing for 2-3 hours at a time. 2. Being outside for 10 hours at a time (I'm not an outside person normally) and it was HOT and windy! and 3. Using porta potties. I have an idea for those things.........make them bigger! It's really really uncomfortable sitting down and having a urinal right next to your face. ..but we survived.
Because it was so hot, we didn't even eat alot and we ended up getting abit overheated on Saturday so we went back to the motel about 5 miles and rested abit. Ibuprofen was also used to help with the aches and pains.
I have to say the entire weekend was so uplifting. I never stressed about anything back home. It was just so busy and so worshipful. It truly was a blessing to be there. People were free to worship. People surrendered to God. There were about 100,000 people there each day. We looked back and saw just a sea of people.
Every concert was good, but my favorite has to be Leeland. Then......Lincoln Brewster, Bread of Stone. I loved seeing these musicians praise God! They were so real in their worship.
Amy's favorite was Switchfoot. In order to get a good spot for that concert we were early and had to stand through the Family Force 5 concert. That was not my kind of music...AT ALL! It got a bit wild. And during Switchfoot we had to step back a bit...we both got very claustrophobic! I highly recommend Lifelight. It's just an amazing experience!
Here are some pictures. Remember...I'm not a photographer! Amy has some good pics but she hasn't emailed them to me yet.
Me with the wonderful umbrella...trying to shield the sun.
Amy
Remedy Drive...a group from Lincoln NE
A bunch of people
Leeland...the picture is from the big screen. We were close, but unless you were standing in the pit area it was hard to get a closeup picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment